Sloan's Automotive is a proud participant in the Brakes for Breasts Fundraiser during the month of October! At the end of the month we will be donating 10% of EVERYTHING we charge for any brake related services to The Cleveland Clinic Breast Cancer Vaccine Research Fund to help Dr. Vincent Tuohy and his team move closer to a prevention vaccine for breast cancer. You can help too! 100% of the donations will go directly to the research and no money will be filtered out for other purposes.
You will receive FREE Brake Pads & Shoes
while paying only for labor and any additional parts!
Dr Vincent Tuohy and his team at the Cleveland Clinic have successfully tested a Breast Cancer Prevention Vaccine in his lab and are working to take it to human trials in late 2015 or early 2016!!
Please help us support Dr. Touhy’s research and help create a world where your daughters and granddaughters will never have to worry about the tragedy of facing breast cancer. Additionally, this research is also spearheading a vaccine for ovarian, prostate and other cancers!
During the month of October, Sloan's Automotive in Orlando, Florida and 134 other Independent Auto Repair Shops across the US are raising funds for a breast cancer vaccine as part of the Brakes for Breasts fundraiser.
100% of what we donate goes directly to research!
2015 marks the fifth year for the Brakes For Breasts fundraiser. (This is our 1st year participating)
2011 Our 1st year - 5 shops in Ohio raised $10,000
2012 Our 2nd year - 27 shops in 17 states raised $32,848
2013 Our 3rd year - 66 independent auto repair shops in 27 states raised $66,499
2014 Our 4th year – 143 independent auto repair shops in 29 states raised $115,236.53
This Brakes For Breasts fundraiser is different from any other breast cancer fundraising campaigns:
1. Dr. Tuohy at the Cleveland Clinic has actually created a vaccine that has proved effective in laboratory animals in actually preventing breast cancer. Think about Polio, eradicated because of a vaccine, a distant memory for most generations. This is the same principle!
2. After 13 long years Dr. Tuohy and his research team are just a year away from their first bedside trial.
3. 100% of the proceeds from the ‘Brakes for Breasts’ fundraiser goes directly to the Cleveland Clinic Breast Cancer Vaccine Fund, towards research.
4. These are just “mom & pop” shops across the country, independent business owners that have joined hands for a great cause.
5. The founder of this fundraiser is Leigh Anne Best, from Mighty Auto Pro, right here in Medina!
Click on the heart to Make An Appointment Today!
Interested in making a donation on your own? Click Here to go directly to The Cleveland Clinic Donation page.
Click here for more information about the Breast Cancer Vaccine - www.brakesforbreasts.com/information-about-breast-cancer-vaccine
Sloan’s Gives Back!
Sloan's Automotive is proud to be running a promotion for November and December designed to assist all of the valuable OCPS employees that work so hard to teach and develop the youth in our community. Additionally, we will be making donations to match every discount the donation will go to the school in which each customer represents. Spread the word to your friends and coworkers so we can work together helping each other out!
Please tell anyone you know in the OCPS system about this very special offer!