Sloan's Automotive Gives Back
Educators Special At Sloan's Automotive, we feel great being able to give back to those of you who help our community thrive! We have expanded our Giving Back to our Educators Special to include all school employees public, private, or collegiate! This is our way of saying thank you to all of you who work so hard to help educate and develop our youth!
Show us your school ID so we can get you the discount you deserve! And let us know which school you represent because we will be making a donation to your school that matches your discount. Please share this with your colleagues! The more of you we can help, the better for everyone! *This special runs through the last day of Winter Break for OCPS.
Sloan's Automotive plans to run this promotion every Fall!
Receive FREE Brake Pads & Shoes
(While paying for labor and additional parts only.)
Update: This event was a huge success! We were able to donate over $1,300.00 to this cause! Collectively the foundation has donated over $500,000 since 2011.
Sloan's Automotive is a proud participant in the Brakes for Breasts Fundraiser during the month of October! At the end of the month we donate 10% of EVERYTHING we charge for any brake related services to The Cleveland Clinic Breast Cancer Vaccine Research Fund to help Dr. Vincent Tuohy and his team move closer to a prevention vaccine for breast cancer. You can help too! 100% of donations will go directly to the research, and no money will be filtered out for other purposes.Sloan's Gives Back
Dr Vincent Tuohy and his team at the Cleveland Clinic have successfully tested a Breast Cancer Prevention Vaccine in his lab and are working to take it to human trials in late 2015 or early 2016! Please help us support Dr. Touhy's research and help create a world where your daughters and granddaughters will never have to worry about the tragedy of facing breast cancer. Additionally, this research is also spearheading a vaccine for ovarian, prostate and other cancers! During the month of October, Sloan's Automotive in Orlando, FL and 134 other Independent Auto Repair Shops across the US raise funds for a breast cancer vaccine as part of the Brakes for Breasts fundraiser.
100% of what we donate goes directly to research!
- 2015 marks the fifth year for the Brakes For Breasts fundraiser. (This was our 1st year participating.)
- 2011 The 1st year - 5 shops in Ohio raised $10,000
- 2012 The 2nd year - 27 shops in 17 states raised $32,848
- 2013 The 3rd year - 66 independent auto repair shops in 27 states raised $66,499
- 2014 The 4th year ? 143 independent auto repair shops in 29 states raised $115,236.53
The Brakes for Breasts fundraiser is unlike any other breast cancer fundraising campaigns because:
- Dr. Tuohy at the Cleveland Clinic has actually created a vaccine that has proved effective in laboratory animals in actually preventing breast cancer. Think about Polio, eradicated because of a vaccine, a distant memory for most generations. This is the same principle!
- After 13 long years Dr. Tuohy and his research team are just a year away from their first bedside trial.
- 100% of the proceeds from the "Brakes for Breasts" fundraiser goes directly to the Cleveland Clinic Breast Cancer Vaccine Fund, towards research.
- These are just "mom & pop" shops across the country, independent business owners that have joined hands for a great cause.
- The founder of this fundraiser is Leigh Anne Best, from Mighty Auto Pro, right here in Medina!
Click on the pink heart to schedule your appointment today!
Interested in making a private donation? Click here to visit the Cleveland Donation page.
Click here to learn more about the Breat Cancer Vaccine!